I can help you Banish Sugar Cravings and Regain Control of your health with my signature 6 week programme
Uncover my simple easy to follow formula to kick the sugar habit
You will not get this information from weight control clinics or from your doctor.
Give yourself a few minutes to answer a few questions.
What are your eating habits?
- Eat when you are not hungry?
- Loss of control over food?
- Think about food a lot?
- Often crave sweets, bread, pasta, potatoes?
- Eat large quantities of food in one go?
- Crave to eat at a definitive time outside meal times?
- Want to stop over eating sugary foods but cannot?
Is your sugar consumption is affecting your health?
- Feel stressed a lot of the time?
- Feel tired a lot of the time?
- Think you are sleep deprived?
- Sleep less than 7 hours a night?
- Feel refreshed when you wake up in the morning?
Have you Weight promoting habits
- Watch more than 1hour telly per night?
- Eat fast food or takeaway more than once a week?
- Skip breakfast?
- Have sugary drinks?
- Rely on caffeine for a pick me up?
- Snack a lot at night?
- Rarely plan your meals ahead?
- Eating less than 5 servings of fruit and veg?
- Tend to choose a large portion size when you eat?
- Have one or more alcohol drinks most days?
- Eat frequently in front of the telly?
- Tend to yo yo diet?
- Get less than 3 hours of physical activity per week
The more YES’s you answered the more likely your blood sugars are imbalanced. Levels of blood sugar should gently rise and fall throughout the day – they are naturally higher after a meal and should then decline gradually as insulin pulls the glucose into cells. In some individuals, when the levels of glucose in their blood lurches from very high to low, we call it a blood sugar imbalance. If our blood sugars are constantly peaking and dropping we are at increased risk of certain health conditions such as metabolic syndrome, diabetes, obesity, cardiovascular disease and strokes. The key message is if your blood sugars are imbalanced you need to start looking after yourself and the sooner the better. If you don’t look after yourself how can you be expected to look after the other important people in your life. I understand, as a mother because I have been there before.
In the past I ate fairly well or so I thought. I exercised a lot so I figured that allowed me to eat basically what I wanted. When I look back now I tried to exercise my way out of a poor diet. I never considered the quality of the food I ate and the word nutrients never entered my vocabulary. I never made the connection between what I ate and how I felt on a day to day basis.
I was constantly thinking about food. I was always hungry, always craving something and never quite satisfied. Sugar was part of my every day diet from in the minute I got up in the morning. Sugar for breakfast – tea, toast, jam low fat yoghurts and special k. I could never eat my dinner without something sweet afterwards. I would physically not be able to say no if someone offered me something sweet. I would always want more. I ate sweets and crisps in the car and hid the wrappers. If I went to a local shop or petrol station I would find it really hard to resist throwing in a packet of sweets or a bar of chocolate. The smell of sugar, chocolate, bread and cakes sent me on a high. I craved white bread. Little did I know that eating white bread is the same as spooning tablespoons of sugar directly into your mouth?
At the time I did not have any major health concerns. Only lots little niggling things that I accepted as normal. My sugar habit affected my mood swings and energy levels. I constantly went from highs to lows. I reacted to everything that went on around me. I would get antsy and jittery when I ate too much, and then go to extremes to deny myself all treats when the guilt and shame over my lack of self-control set in. One day I was bingeing on sugar and the next banishing it entirely. I was totally a black and white thinker.
In 2010 I began to get reoccurring urticaria and angioedema. Basically my lips and face starting swelling just out of the blue and I was getting hives over my body. The doctors could not establish why this was happening and I was prescribed long term strong antihistamine tablets long term to control the swelling. I thought perhaps alcohol was perhaps a culprit so I reduced my intake. Slightly!
My mindset change
In 2012 I found a lump, went to the doctor and discovered that I had breast cancer. Totally unexpected and out of the blue. A year of tests and treatment left me a bit battered and bruised to say the least, but searching nonetheless for answers to my never ending questions. My research always came back to the importance first and foremost that food plays in the role of nourishing our bodies with nutrients for growth and repair and protecting us from diet and lifestyle related diseases. I studied for an industry recognised qualification in nutrition and health coaching and I began to learn the damage that sugar can do to our health.
Sugar is sprinkled throughout every square inch of processed and packaged foods on purpose. Food manufacturers know what they’re doing and have been secretly filling grocery store shelves with highly refined sugary foods for over 30 years because they know sugar is addictive! Sugar is actually classified as a drug because once you eat it, you crave more, and suddenly quitting causes withdrawal symptoms including headaches, mood swings, low energy, and – believe it or not – more cravings! Experts claim it’s as addictive as heroin or cocaine. I never knew and I thought I just lacked willpower. There is sugar in 75% of all processed foods in the supermarkets. Did you know there is over 60 names for sugar? 60 ways for it to be hidden from us.
I discovered that there are critical, underlying factors that drive sugar cravings that must be uprooted and reversed in order to kick sugar cravings. If the root causes are not dealt with your cravings will never go away.
You see, your cravings are actually important messages from your body that you are missing key nutrients but we tend to view them as crazy urges that must be battled, endured and fought against. But the truth is…
Cravings are not the enemy. They are simply messages from your body alerting you to a critical imbalance.
- You were finally able to banish your cravings for good and you actually craved healthy food instead.
- You just ate 3 meals a day with a couple of small snacks and was completely satisfied
Healthy food didn’t taste bland or boring
- You could think clearly without brain fog and forgetfulness
- You were happy, calm and relaxed instead of irritable and moody
- You got through your day without recurring fatigue or anxiety
- You bounced out of bed in the mornings……ok that might be a bit far-fetched but just imagine something simple as getting through the day without the 3pm energy slump
- You finally lost those last nagging 10-20 pounds
- You found an easy way to cut back on your alcohol and caffeine intake
- You looked forward to getting out and exercising
There are many reasons why sugar is not good for us. Here is a few of them:
- Sugar causes inflammation, 1 of the 5 root causes of illness
- Sugar has been linked to cancer
- Excessive sugar consumption leads to hypoglycemia and diabetes
- Sugar zaps collagen from your skin which causes wrinkles
- Sugar causes premature aging
- Sugar suppresses immune system function
- Sugar weakens eyesight
- Sugar feeds Candida
- Sugar makes you fat
- A consistent diet of highly refined sugars and carbs taxes the pancreas
- Sugar affects mood
Introducing A Simple 40 Day Programme that will kick your Sugar Habit for good. You can start this programme at any time!
My 6 week programme will help you off the sugar, have you eating proper meals and whole foods, boost your energy levels and lose weight. Here are some of the benefits of a wholefood diet:
- No more belly bloating
- No more brain fog
- Increased energy levels
- Balanced moods
- Clearer skin
- Better stress management
- More Self Control over Sugar
The 6 week programme will focus on:
1. Supporting a healthy blood sugar balance through dietary change
- Which foods you need to eat to support a healthy blood sugar balance
- Which foods you need to avoid
- Understand is is not just WHAT you eat but also WHEN you eat
- Learn how to best combine food groups to keep cravings at bay
- Understand the importance of low GL foods to prevent sugar spikes
- Discover the superfoods that prevent sugar cravings and practical tips on how to use them
- Alternatives to sugar so you do not feel deprived
2. Supporting a healthy blood sugar balance through lifestyle change
- Learn the lifestyle factors that support a healthy blood sugar balance
3. Boosting Your Energy
- The foods and habits that may be boosting or depleting your energy levels
- Simple tips to start improving your energy today
- The way you start your morning can have a big impact on your energy throughout the day
- Tips to avoid the 3 pm slump
4. Identify the links between your sugar craving and your hormones.
- Learn how stress, caffeine, alcohol and lack of sleep can increase your cravings and what you can do about it.
- Learn the role of the hormones insulin, cortisol, leptin and grehlin on controlling cravings
- Understand why your sugar habit is not your fault.
5. Mindful Eating And Portion Control
- Discover ways to get a better handle on portion control without feeling deprived
- Learn what mindful eating is and how it can help with weight loss and overall health
- Simple tips on how to practise mindful eating
6. Menu-Planning For Success
- Why planning ahead is absolutely crucial to keep hunger pangs at bay
- Simple tips for meal planning especially for the busy days and weeks
- Your emergency food pack to avoid cravings when away from home
- Planning for busy weeks
- Meal ideas and recipes to support a healthy blood sugar balance
- Comprehensive guide to healthy breakfasts
- The essentials for healthy cooking and store cupboard essentials.
7. Deciphering Food Labels Made Easy
- How processed foods fuel food cravings
- How to spot the hidden sugars in processed foods
- Tips to make label reading easier
- How to start with simple changes
8. Mindset And Habits For Powerful Change
- Identifying the thoughts and actions that may be keeping you ‘stuck’
- How to take a step back and shift your mindset and attitude
9. Supercharged Goal Setting
- How to get crystal clear on your goals
- Figuring out your WHY
- Setting SMART short-term and long-term goals
- Weekly Action steps
10. Exercise Strategies To Maximize Results
- Easy ways to get started with exercise and get into the right mindset
- How to maximize results without spending hours at the gym
- Common roadblocks to exercise with simple solutions
Total cost of this 6 week programme is €220.00
- Health status review and body composition – you complete an initital questionnaire for me
- One to One support -we meet face to face day 1, day 10, day 20, day 30 and day 40.
- food diary reviews throughout the programme
- 10 day weight monitoring if required
- Client fact sheets and information sheets on topics as outlined above
- 6 weeks of professional education, guidance and support to answer questions and queries
- Access to a private group Facebook Page for support – sharing with others on the same journey as you
This programme is suitable for you if:
- You have sugar cravings. If you have completed the above questionnaire and are still unsure if you have an issue with cravings and sugar control just send me an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will contact you directly.
- If you struggle to lose weight and keep it off.
- You have tried in the past to get off sugar and nothing has worked for you.
- You are genuinely concerned about your health and the impact sugar is having on it
- You are ready and fully committed now to changing your daily habits
- You have access to a computer, tablet or phone to download and open and access information.
- If you need a solution that will fit into your busy life
- You would like a programme that you can do from home – we can do sessions via skype or over the phone.
If you have any questions or queries about any aspect of the programme please ring or txt me on 086-8067832 or just send me an
e mail at email@example.com
For click here for –
For now all I need is your name, address and phone number and I will contact you.
Looking forward to educating, guiding, supporting and inspiring you to better health.
Nutrition and Health Coach…..on a mission!
Introducing The Simple System that will kick your Sugar Habit and Change Your Life …
I have compiled a 6 week online programme that will get off the sugar, have you eating proper meals and whole foods, boost your energy levels and lose your Christmas weight. Here are some of the benefits of a wholefood diet: