Breakfast Egg Muffins
- 4 Eggs – free range
- Dash of milk – full fat
- I tomato diced
- ½ red pepper diced
- small onion diced
- 5 medium mushroom diced
- Handful shredded spinach
- Clove of garlic diced
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Muffin tin (Non Stick)
- Heat olive oil in a shallow pan.
- Add the pepper, onion, mushrooms and garlic and cook on a medium heat for 5 mins.
- Add in the tomatoes cook for a further minute and remove from the heat.
- Beat the eggs with the milk and seasoning in a measuring jug and add in the cooked vegetables.
- Grease the muffin tin with some olive oil and pour the egg mixture into each mould filling up to 3/4 full. These will puff up so you want to prevent overflow.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes until the egg mix has set.
- Let your muffins cool for about 10 minutes before attempting to remove them.
- Run a plastic knife or spatula around the inside walls of the muffin holes to help loosen them if needed.
- Pack them into airtight containers and keep them in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Let the egg muffins cool completely, then wrap individually in plastic wrap and pop them in a freezer-safe zip-lock bag. They will last for up to 2 months. Reheat in the microwave in 20 second increments until warmed through. Breakfast ready in no time!