- 1 butternut squash peeled and cut into cubes
- 3-4 medium potatoes or sweet potatoes peel and cut into cubes
- 4 medium carrots cut into cubes
- 1 onion finely diced
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cloves are garlic peeled and finely diced
- low salt stock cube
- season with pink rock salt and freshly ground pepper
- Place all the above into a large saucepan, cover with hot water.
- Bring to boil and simmer until vegetables are tender.
- Puree to soup consistency.
- Add more water is it is too thick.
- Serve with a small dollop of cream or full fat natural yoghurt to enhance vitamin absorption.
- Tip: add in some lentils for added fibre which will keep you fuller for longer.