Dark Chocolate Nut Butter Cups
Dark chocolate, 70% cocoa or more, has the most health benefits as well as the lowest sugar content, so with this recipe I took it a step further. Dark chocolate is combined with unsweetened chocolate for a delicious bittersweet chocolate shell with a creamy, almond-buttery centre. Lucuma powder delivers an abundance of health benefits when added to your favourite food or beverage. In addition to satisfying your sweet tooth, lucuma is gluten-free and a source of antioxidants, fibre, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals necessary for bodily functions and of benefit to the immune system. Here’s what you need:
- 1 cup dark chocolate, 73% cocoa or higher, chopped
- 1/2 cup unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 cup raw almond butter or any other flavour cashew, pecan……
- 1 tablespoon of lucuma powder (optional, ISWARI have this in their range)
- Fill a saucepan of water over medium heat. Place the chocolate pieces and coconut oil in a small bowl and place over the saucepan. Stir often until the chocolate and coconut oil becomes fully melted and smooth. Remove from heat. Mix the powder with the almond butter.
- Use a spoon to fill rubber ice-cube moulds 1/3 full. Place in the freezer for 10 minutes. Carefully drop a small spoonful of almond butter in each mould, then top with melted chocolate to the top of the mould. Place back in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Pop the chocolate out of the moulds and enjoy.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.
20 Servings Nutritional Analysis: 125 calories, 13g fat, 2mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate, 1g fibre, and 2g protein