Date, Cashew and Orange Chocolate Slices
- 2 cups of dates (350g)
- 1 1/2 cups of cashew nuts (225g)
- 2 tbsp of cacao powder
- 2 tsp of orange oil
- Blend it all in the food processor
- Put some cling film on a tray or loaf tin and press in the mixture
- Pop into the fridge to set and cut into 20 equal slices with a wet/hot knife.
- Nutrient details:
- each 30g serving contains 140 calories, 11g of fat, 9g of carbs and 4g of protein
- good sources of B Vitamins, magnesium, phosphorous, selenium and manganese. Glycaemic load per 31g slice is 5.5.
- Recipe from Laura's Healthy Kitchen. Thanks to a client of mine for sharing.