No Bake Chocolate Nut Cookies
- • 2 tbsp butter or coconut oil
- • 200ml milk or nut milk
- • 200g rolled oats
- • 100g peanut butter - meridian is a good brand
- • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- • 4 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- • Handful chocolate chips or cacao chocolate nibs (optional)
- 1. Place the butter and the milk in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring until melted and smooth (this should only take a few minutes).
- 2. Turn the heat down to low and add the oats, peanut putter and vanilla extract, stirring well. Turn the heat off after about a minute.
- 3. Add the maple syrup and chocolate chips and mix well.
- 4. Roll the cookies into about 1-inch sized balls and place them on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Press down on the tops to make them look more like cookies and less like balls (unless you prefer ball-shaped cookies, in which case you can leave them this way). Place them in the freezer for about 20 minutes or until they have set up.
- 5. Store in the refrigerator for up to one week or in the freezer for up to three months.