Fruit and Fibre Breakfast Bowl
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas drained
- 1 (4 ounce) jar roasted red peppers
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 clove garlic,
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley or roasted nuts of your choice
- In an electric blender or food processor, puree the chickpeas, red peppers, lemon juice, tahini, garlic, cumin,
- cayenne, and salt.
- Process, using long pulses, until the mixture is fairly smooth, and slightly fluffy.
- Make sure to scrape the mixture off the sides of the food processor or blender in between pulses.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- (The hummus can be made up to 3 days ahead and refrigerated. Return to room temperature before serving.)
- Sprinkle the hummus with some roasted nuts or chopped parsley before serving.
Leave a Reply