A great staple for all the family – simple to make, healthy and delicious – all boxes ticked!
The ideal lunch box snack for all the family. A sustaining and satisfying breakfast for those rushed mornings. Or a snack when only something naturally sweet will do!! Every home needs a go-to banana bread recipe. Prepared in minutes, could this one be a staple at your place? You’ll never look at a banana the same way again after discovering the many health benefits and reasons to add them to your diet. Click here for 25 reasons why you should eat bananas – never say bananas are just for monkeys!!
- 3 ripe bananas
- 8 medjool dates, seeds removed
- 3 tablespoons of tahini or nut/seed butter of your choice
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon (see note below on how this spice can help reduce cravings)
- 1/2 cup coconut flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon bicarb soda
- 4 – 6 eggs*
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celsius or 350 degrees fahrenheit. Grease and line your loaf tin.
- Blend the bananas and dates together until smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Pour mixture into the prepared tin.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out cleanly.
Cinnamon helps to balance blood sugar by stimulating insulin receptors, giving them a stronger affinity for the blood-sugar lowering hormone. In response, the body needs to produce less insulin in order to create the desired effect. This creates less pancreatic stress, improved metabolic rate, and decreased inflammation.